Instantly hardening chocolate sauce for ice cream
- Chop the chocolate into rough pieces and put into the blender jug with the coconut oil.
- With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 7.
- Scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug using the spatula and, with the measuring beaker in place, melt for 7 minutes/speed setting 2/45 °C.
- If the chocolate is not entirely melted, scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, melt for a further 1 minute 30 seconds/speed setting 1/45 °C.
- Pour the chocolate sauce directly over scoops of ice cream of your choice. It will harden immediately.
If this is for adults only, you could add 2 drops of rum flavouring to the sauce.
The sauce should be used immediately. Store leftovers in a jar, close and reheat when required. It will keep for 2 weeks.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine