Kumpir – Greek-style baked potato
Ready in: 1:05 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 12.05.2020
Last changes: 03.08.2020
- Peel 1 garlic clove and put it into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Then use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Wash the lemon under hot water, pat dry and zest half the peel. Then squeeze the lemon. Put the zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into the blender jug. Wash the thyme and shake it dry. Remove the leaves and put them in the blender jug with the soya yoghurt. With the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in for 8 seconds/speed setting 4. Decant the dip, chill in the refrigerator and clean the blender jug.
- Wash the tomatoes and the cucumber and rub dry. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, remove the seeds and cores. Dice the flesh into 1-cm cubes. Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, scrape out the seeds and dice the flesh, again into 1-cm cubes. Put the diced vegetables into a bowl.
- Peel and halve the onions and cut into fine semi-circles. Drain the olives and cut into slices. Add the olives and onions with the olive oil to the tomatoes and cucumber and mix together. Season with ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper and put to one side.
- Wash the potatoes and place in the deep steamer basket. Fill the blender jug with 1.5 litres of cold water, add 2 teaspoons of salt, attach the closed deep steamer basket and cook everything with the steamer button.
- Wash and halve the aubergines and place in the shallow steamer basket. Hang the shallow steamer basket in the blender jug, close and cook with the steamer button/15 minutes, interrupting the heating phase. Check at the end of the cooking time that the potatoes are cooked and, if necessary, cook for a few minutes more. Remove the potatoes and keep them warm, put the aubergines to one side and empty the blender jug.
- Peel the garlic clove and put it in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Remove the aubergine flesh from their skins and place in the blender jug. Add ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, the cayenne pepper and oregano. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 6. If necessary, use the spatula to scrape the aubergine mixture down the inside of the blender jug and repeat the previous step. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in for 12 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Split into the potatoes lengthways and press outwards a little. Place a tablespoon of the aubergine paste in the centre of each, arrange some of the tomato and cucumber mixture on top and serve with a dollop of soya yoghurt.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine