Labskaus with rollmops and fried eggs
- Pour 500 ml cold water into the blender jug. Peel and wash the potatoes, cut into quarters or eighths, depending on their size, and put in the cooking pot. Hang the cooking pot in the blender jug, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt on top and, with the measuring beaker in place, steam with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, lift the cooking pot with the potatoes out of the blender jug, put to one side and let the steam evaporate for 10 minutes. Empty the blender jug and rinse it out with cold water.
- Peel and quarter the onions, put them into the blender jug, and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop them for 10 seconds/speed setting 5. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Then add the butter in pieces.
- Sweat the onions, the measuring beaker not inserted, with the roast button/3 minutes/110 °C. In the meantime, cut the corned beef into large pieces.
- Put the corned beef, 150 ml water at room temperature, the gherkin liquid and 2 teaspoons of granulated meat stock into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 5 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C.
- Drain the gherkins and the beetroot. Depending on their size, cut the gherkins into thirds, put both vegetables into the blender jug, and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 4 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Put the potatoes, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper into the blender jug, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 6 seconds/speed setting 5.
- If necessary, fold everything in with the spatula and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop again for 5 seconds/speed setting 5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in for 10 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the 4 eggs.
- Then arrange a dollop of labskaus on each plate, put a fried egg on top of each and add a rollmops. Cut the gherkins into a fan shape and serve with the dish.
If desired, while preparing the fried eggs, heat the labskaus up again, with the measuring beaker in place, for 3 minutes/speed setting 2/85 °C.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine