- Peel and quarter the onions. Peel the garlic clove and put it and the onion pieces into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 4 seconds/speed setting 7. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Rinse the meat under cold running water and pat dry. Then remove the fat, bone and tendons and cut into 2-cm dice. Put the olive oil and lamb into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, fry with the roast button.
- Add the room-temperature red wine, and, the measuring beaker not inserted, deglaze with the reverse button/2 minutes/120 °C /speed setting 1.
- Wash the sprig of rosemary and shake it dry. Put it and the bay leaves, 1 teaspoon of salt, 3 pinches of pepper, tomatoes, lamb stock and tomato purée into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook with the reverse button/20 minutes/120 °C /setting 1.
- In the meantime, cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions.
- Remove the bay leaves and the sprig of rosemary from the lamb ragout. Serve with the tagliatelle.
If it is not an adult-only meal, you can replace the red wine with lamb stock.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine