- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
- Put the butter in chunks into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, melt for 2 minutes/speed setting 1/60 °C. Add the brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon of salt, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 1 minute/speed setting 2.
- Insert the mixer attachment, add the honey and eggs, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 1 minute/speed setting 2.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, baking powder and lebkuchen spice mix together in a bowl. Put the paper cases in a 12-mould muffin tin.
- Remove the mixer attachment. Put the flour mixture and milk into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead everything with the knead button/1 minute. Transfer the dough to the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Insert a wooden skewer to see if they are done, baking for longer if necessary.
- After the baking time is up, leave the muffins to cool a little, then carefully turn them out of their moulds and let them cool on a wire grille. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
You could also cover the muffins with almonds before baking, and decorate them afterwards with chocolate or sugar frosting, like Elisen-style gingerbread.
If you prefer a stronger taste, add 2 tablespoons of lebkuchen spice mix to the flour mixture.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine