Leek and ham quiche
Ready in: 1:47 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- Cut the Gouda into chunks, put it into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 8. Remove the cheese and set it to one side.
- To make the dough, put the flour, baking powder, cubed butter, salt and eggs into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, process with the knead button until you have a smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Clean out the blender jug thoroughly.
- Clean and wash the leek, pat dry, slice in half lengthways and cut into thin strips.
- Peel and quarter the onions, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/3 seconds. Use the spatula to push the chopped onions down the inside of the blender jug.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil and the leek into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, sauté with the reverse button/10 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C. Transfer the leek to a large bowl and set to one side.
- Cut the ham into small pieces and put into the blender jug with the rest of the oil. The measuring beaker not inserted, cook with the reverse button/2 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Remove the lid of the blender jug and leave it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the cream and eggs in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for 30 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Add 200 g cheese and, with the measuring beaker in place, process with the reverse button/25 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Put the leek, ½ teaspoon of salt and 3 pinches of pepper in the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, process everything with the reverse button/2 minutes/speed setting 3. Use the spatula to stir the mixture through the lid opening.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C and line a baking tray or two springform tins with baking parchment.
- Roll out the dough thinly and lay it out on the baking tray or the tins, pulling it up and then pressing down to form an edge.
- Pour the leek mixture out over the dough and smooth it out.
- Scatter the rest of the cheese over the leek filling and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine