Low-carb pizza with Parma ham
- To make the topping, peel the shallot and garlic. Put them in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop using the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, 3 pinches of pepper and ½ teaspoon of salt and, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook for 10 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C.
- Decant the tomato sauce and season to taste with pepper and salt. Wash and dry the blender jug.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C
- To make the base, with the measuring beaker in place, chop the Parmesan for 10 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Clean the cauliflower, divide into florets, add to the Parmesan and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 7 to make cauliflower rice.
- Put all the remaining ingredients for the base in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 30 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper, place four equal-sized portions of dough on top and shape into 7-mm thick circles using a tablespoon.
- Bake the cauliflower bases in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean and wash the rocket leaves and shake them dry.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin rings.
- After pre-baking the pizza, spread the tomato sauce over thinly (do not use it all – any remaining sauce can be served with the pizza or used up in other ways), place the onion rings and olives on top, and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Shred the rocket a little and thinly grate the Parmesan.
- Place a slice of ham, some rocket and Parmesan on each baked pizza.
Try preparing the pizza base using Romanesco broccoli. It has a stronger taste.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine