Macaroni muffins with vegetables
- Grease the 12 cups in the muffin tin. Cook the macaroni according to packet instructions in plenty of salted water until al dente. Then drain and divide between the hollows in the tin.
- Remove the rind from the gouda, cut into 2.5-cm pieces, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 8 seconds/speed setting 8. Then decant.
- Trim and wash the carrot and courgette, cut into pieces 4 cm long and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 4 seconds/speed setting 6. If necessary, use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug and repeat the previous step. Decant and wipe out the blender jug. Pre-heat the oven to 190 °C.
- Put the olive oil and diced ham into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, fry with the roast button/2 minutes/100 °C. Add the vegetables, tomato purée, crème fraîche, eggs, herbs, chopped cheese, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir everything with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Then pour the mixture on top of the macaroni in the muffin tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Allow the muffins to rest in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove.
These macaroni muffins taste delicious hot or cold.
Instead of muffins, you can also make a pasta bake. To do this, instead of using a muffin tin, pour the mixture into a springform tin. Then extend the baking time by approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture in the middle of the tin is set.
This recipe is great for using up leftover, unsauced macaroni from the previous day.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine