Meat- and rice-stuffed cabbage
Ready in: 1:43 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- Remove the outer leaves and stalk of the cabbage. Remove 16 good leaves and cut away the thick leaf veins. Bring water and 1 teaspoon of salt to the boil in a large pot, add the cabbage and boil it for 5 minutes. Take out the cabbage, then leave to cool a little.
- Put the rice in the cooking pot, insert into the blender jug, sprinkle over 1 teaspoon of salt and pour 1 litre of water over the rice into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, cook the rice for the time according to the packet instructions + 5 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C, until it is firm to the bite. Halfway through the cooking time, stir the rice once thoroughly with the spatula. When the rice is cooked, remove the cooking pot with the rice, leaving the water in the blender jug, adding a little water if necessary to make it up to 1 litre, then add the bay leaves and the allspice.
- Mix the minced pork with the rice, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a large bowl. Form the mixture into 8 long rolls of about 4 cm in diameter and place them on the cabbage leaves – 1 or 2, depending on the size. Wrap the rice and pork rolls up firmly and tie them with kitchen twine if necessary.
- Arrange 4 rolls in the deep steamer basket and 4 in the shallow steamer basket, and put the whole steamer attachment on the blender jug. and close the lid. Cook the stuffed cabbage with the steamer button/40 minutes. Set the steamer attachment to one side, with the lid still closed, and keep the stuffed cabbage warm. Empty out and rinse the blender jug.
- To make the sauce, put 500 ml water, the flour, tomato purée and cream in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, process everything for 30 seconds/speed setting 5 until smooth, then, with the measuring beaker in place, boil for 8 minutes/speed setting 3/100 °C. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve with the stuffed cabbage.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine