Meatball and savoy cabbage stew
Ready in: 0:36 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 12.05.2020
Last changes: 21.09.2020
- Peel the onions, cut in half, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop finely with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug and, if necessary, repeat the previous step.
- Put the meat into the blender jug with the spices and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix everything for 45 seconds/speed setting 3. Decant the meat mixture and rinse out the blender jug.
- Remove the outer leaves from the Savoy cabbage and cut out the core. Cut the cabbage into bite-size pieces, wash and drain. Put the pieces of cabbage into the deep steamer basket.
- Peel and wash the potato and cut into 3-cm dice. Put the diced potatoes into the cooking pot. Pour 1 litre of strong meat stock at room temperature into the blender jug, hang the cooking pot in it and place the deep steamer basket on top.
- Using damp hands, shape walnut-sized balls from the meat mixture. Line the shallow steamer basket with greaseproof paper (ensuring that the lateral ventilation slits are not blocked) and arrange the meatballs on top. Attach the shallow steamer basket, close and cook everything with the steamer button/16 minutes.
- Remove the deep steamer basket and take out the cooking pot. Put the meatballs, cabbage and potatoes in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in with the reverse button/10 seconds/speed setting 2. Serve the stew with a dollop of soured cream.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine