Meatballs with sour cherries
Ready in: 0:47 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 20.04.2022
Last changes: 21.04.2022
- Line the shallow steamer basket with greaseproof paper, making sure that the slits at the sides remain uncovered.
- To make the meatballs, mix the minced veal with ½ teaspoon of pepper and the nutmeg. With damp hands, shape the mixture into 16 meatballs, then place them in the deep steamer basket and shallow steamer basket. Pour 1 litre of hot water into the blender jug, insert the shallow steamer basket into the deep steamer basket, put on the lid and attach them to the blender jug. Steam the meatballs with the steamer button/17 minutes. Remove the steamer attachment and set it aside, keeping the lid closed. Empty the blender jug.
- Drain the cherries in a sieve, reserving the juice, then put the juice into the blender jug. Add the cornflour and sugar, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix everything together for 10 seconds/speed setting 5, then, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 7 minutes/speed setting 3/100 °C.
- Add the cherries and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook with the reverse button/3 minutes/speed setting 1/90 °C. Leave the cherry mixture to thicken for 5 minutes, with the lid still on.
- Arrange a mound of cherries on 4 deep plates, place 4 meatballs on top of each one, and serve with a slice of rye bread.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine