Mediterranean burger with pepper relish
Ready in: 1:10 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- To make the relish, clean, wash, core the peppers and cut into quarters. Peel the garlic and put it with the quartered peppers in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 20 seconds/speed setting 4. Then remove the mixture and reserve. Peel and halve the 2 onions for the relish and the patties and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop them in the blender jug using the turbo button/2 seconds. Remove half the quantity of chopped onion and put to one side. Use the spatula to scrape the rest of the onion down the inside of the blender jug, add the oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté using the roast button/3 minutes.
- Add the pepper and garlic mixture, add paprika powder and, the measuring beaker not inserted, continue to sauté for 5 seconds/speed setting 1/100 °C. Add 8 tablespoons of water, the vinegar, sugar and 1 pinch each of salt and pepper and, the measuring beaker not inserted, boil down for 30 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C until the mixture becomes creamy. Then, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 10 seconds/speed setting 5. Remove the relish from the blender jug and cool before serving. Clean the blender jug.
- To make the patties, dice the bread roll and soak in the milk for 10 minutes. Then squeeze out thoroughly. Clean and wash the courgette, cut into 4 pieces and put them in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 5. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces of courgette down the inside of the blender jug. Then add the previously chopped onion and all the other ingredients. Then, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 1 minute/speed setting 2. Season again with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- For the toppings, wash the lettuce leaves and shake them dry. Wash and dry the beef tomato, cut into eighths and remove the stalk. Carefully cut the feta in to thin slices.
- With damp hands, shape four patties from the minced beef and, in a hot grill pan, grill or fry them on both sides for 3 minutes each. Cut the ciabatta roll in half and briefly toast the cut sides.
- Spread the lower half of the rolls with the relish. Place the salad leaves, tomato slices and the patties on top. Arrange the feta on top of these and sprinkle a pinch of pepper over the burgers. Garnish with olives, place the upper half of the roll on top and serve the burger with the rest of the relish.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine