Ready in: 0:54 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 30.01.2019
- Put the fennel seeds in a mortar and crush them finely.
- Peel and halve the shallots. Peel the garlic cloves and add them to the blender jug along with the shallots and olives. With the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug, then add the olive oil and fennel seeds. With the measuring beaker in place, cook for 4 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C.
- Peel, wash and halve or quarter the potatoes. Lay them in the deep steamer basket and sprinkle with 2 pinches of salt.
- Put the tomatoes, white wine and tomato purée into the blender jug. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and the sugar, herbs and ½ teaspoon of pepper to the blender jug, attach the deep steamer basket and close the lid. Cook everything for 20 minutes/speed setting 2/120 °C.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under running water, pat them dry, cut them into 1.5-cm-wide strips, season with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper, and place in the shallow steamer basket.
- Trim and wash the fennel bulb and cut it into 1 x 3 cm pieces. Chop the fennel tips and fronds finely and put aside. Place the pieces of fennel in between the potatoes in the deep steamer basket. Insert the shallow steamer basket, close the lid and cook for another 15 minutes/speed setting 2/110 °C.
- Remove the steamer attachment. Add the fennel fronds and tips to the tomato sauce and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for 20 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Serve the vegetables with the meat and sauce.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine