Milk ice cream
- Ensure that all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Put the milk, cream, sugar, 1 pinch of salt and the egg yolks in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, emulsify for 8 seconds/speed setting 3/80 °C.
- Pour the liquidised mixture into a shallow bowl lined with cling film. Allow to cool and then freeze for at least 5 hours (preferably overnight) in the freezer.
- Cut the frozen mixture into rough chunks and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in the blender jug for 3 seconds/speed setting 9.
- Then, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 10 seconds/speed setting 7. The ice cream is now nice and creamy and unbelievably delicious. If you would like to make the mixture scoopable, we recommend that you freeze it for another hour.
Before remixing, add 150 g frozen berries for fruit ice cream, 50 g chocolate chips for stracciatella or 1 tablespoon of instant espresso powder to make a creamy cappuccino-flavoured ice cream.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine