Omelette with green asparagus and wild garlic
- Wash the wild garlic, shake it dry, remove the hard stalks and cut any large leaves in half. Place in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the eggs, ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant and rinse out the blender jug. Pour 1 litre of lukewarm water into the blender jug.
- Wash and peel the carrot and cut into batons 4 cm long and 0.5 cm wide. Wash the asparagus spears, cut off the woody ends and cut the spears into pieces measuring 4 cm. Cut any thick spears in half.
- Line the shallow steamer basket with greaseproof paper (ensuring that the liquid egg cannot leak out and that some of the lateral ventilation slits are not blocked) and arrange the asparagus on top. Hang the shallow steamer basket in the deep steamer basket and attach to the blender jug.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus in the shallow steamer basket and close the lid. Cook with the steamer button/15 minutes. Take hold of the greaseproof paper and carefully lift the omelette out of the steamer basket, cut into quarters, remove the paper and serve.
Serve with slightly salted cottage cheese or a little crumbled feta.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine