Onion soup with cheese-topped toast
Ready in: 0:47 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 04.08.2016
Last changes: 15.02.2018
- Divide the cheese into chunks, then chop in the blender jug for 6 seconds/speed setting 6. Transfer the cheese to a separate bowl.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry, then strip off the leaves. Place in the blender jug and process for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Transfer the parsley to a small bowl and thoroughly clean the container.
- Peel the onions and garlic. Cut the onions into strips and slice one of the garlic cloves into wafer-thin slices. Add the butter to the blender jug and heat for 2 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1 until melted. Add the onions and garlic and brown using the
- roast button/6 minutes/100 °C.
- Pour in the stock, thyme and oregano. Simmer the soup for 15 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1. Pre-heat the oven to 220 °C.
- Toast the bread, then rub each slice with the remaining garlic clove. Season the soup with salt and pepper, then transfer to ovenproof soup bowls. Place the toast slices on top of the soup and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then served sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine