Pasta with salsiccia
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Remove the rind from the Parmesan, cut the cheese into pieces measuring 2 x 2 cm, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop finely with the turbo button/10 seconds. Decant the cheese.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Then place the leaves in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant the parsley and put aside.
- Peel and quarter the onion, place in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 7 seconds/speed setting 7. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add the olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/3 minutes.
- Cut into the salsiccia lengthways and remove the casing. Add the salsiccia in coarsely chopped pieces to the onion in the blender jug and, measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/5 minutes.
- Trim the mushrooms, and slice. Put the mushrooms in the blender jug with ½ teaspoon of salt and 3 pinches of pepper and, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook with the reverse button/10 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C.
- Add 50 g Parmesan and the parsley and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir with the reverse button/12 seconds/speed setting 2. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in with the reverse button/10 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce in a large bowl. Serve with the rest of the Parmesan.
If this is a meal for adults only, flavour the sauce with 2 tablespoons of whiskey at the point when you put the mushrooms in the blender jug.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine