- Peel, quarter and core the pears and cut them into rough chunks. Put the pears in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for 20 seconds/speed setting 10. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug.
- Wash the orange with hot water, rub it dry and remove the thin, outermost peel with a peeler. Put the orange zest, white wine, cloves and cinnamon in the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, heat for 10 minutes/speed setting 1/60 °C.
- Add the honey and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 2. Pour the finished punch through a sieve into 4 glasses.
- Wash the orange in hot water, rub it dry and cut off 4 neat slices.
- Serve the punch garnished with the orange slices.
If you like some pieces of pear in your punch, miss out the sieving stage at the end. However, don’t forget to remove the orange peel.
For an alcohol-free version, use pear juice instead of white wine.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine