Petit pois soup
Ready in: 0:36 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 12.05.2020
Last changes: 03.08.2020
- Insert the mixer attachment into the blender jug. Pour the chilled cream into the blender jug and, measuring beaker not inserted, beat until stiff for 1 minute 30 seconds/speed setting 4, while keeping a close eye on it. The precise time depends on the temperature and the fat content of the cream. Decant the whipped cream and chill. Remove the mixer attachment and clean the blender jug.
- Wash the herbs, shake dry, remove the leaves from the stalks and put the leaves into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant and rinse out the blender jug.
- Trim, wash and pat the sugar snap peas dry, cut into pieces 3 cm wide and put to one side. Peel and quarter the onion and peel the garlic. Put the onion and garlic into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug, add 20 g butter and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat with the roast button/3 minutes/110 °C.
- Put the peas and sugar snap peas into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat with the roast button/3 minutes/110 °C. Put 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper and 1 pinch of nutmeg into the blender jug. Fill it up with hot vegetable stock, add the herbs and, with the measuring beaker in place, simmer the soup for 10 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C. With the measuring beaker in place, blend the soup for 1 minute/speed settings 5–8, increasing the speed setting gradually.
- Add 50 g butter in small dabs through the filler opening and blend the soup again for 30 seconds/speed settings 7–10, increasing the speed gradually.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in the spices for 20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and dice into 1.5-cm cubes. Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan and fry the bread cubes in it. Serve the soup garnished with the croutons and a dollop of whipped cream.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine