Poached fillet of beef with parsley root mash
Ready in: 1:20 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- To make the mash, clean and wash the parsley root, cut it into dice and put it into the blender jug. Cover with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and, with the measuring cup in place, boil until soft for 20 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Drain in a sieve and keep warm. Rinse out the blender jug.
- Wash the steaks and pat them dry. Wash the thyme and peel the garlic cloves. Put the hot beef stock, garlic cloves, thyme and peppercorns into the blender jug. Close the blender jug with the deep steamer basket and warm through the seasoned stock with the steamer button.
- Meanwhile, season the steaks lightly with pepper. As soon as the steam cooking function begins, place them in the deep steamer basket. Close the lid. Once the cooking time has come to an end, take out the steaks and wrap them in aluminium foil. Transfer the seasoned stock to another container and measure out 150 ml of it. Rinse out the blender jug.
- To finish the mash, put the cream into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, bring it to a boil and simmer it for 3 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C. Add the diced parsley root and season with nutmeg. With the measuring beaker in place, blend everything to a creamy purée for 2 minutes/speed setting 9, season with salt and pepper, then, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in the butter for 30 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Put the measured-out seasoned stock in a saucepan and boil it down for 5 minutes over a high heat, then remove the pan from the stove and stir in the cold butter in small dabs.
- Serve the steaks with the mash and sauce. Pan-fried asparagus goes well with this dish.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine