Polish pierogi ruskie
Ready in: 1:02 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 08.03.2021
Last changes: 14.04.2021
- Put the spelt flour into the blender jug with 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of nutmeg. Add 90 ml hot water and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead for 40 seconds/speed setting 4. Shape the dough into a ball, cover in a bowl and wrap in cling film.
- Wash the potatoes and place in the cooking pot. Pour 500 ml cold water into the blender jug, hang the cooking pot inside the blender jug and cook the potatoes with the steamer button/15 minutes. Then remove the cooking pot from the blender jug and let the potatoes cool down for 20 minutes. Clean the blender jug.
- Peel and quarter the onions, put them in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 5. Use the spatula to scrape the onions down the inside of the blender jug, add 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/4 minutes/110 °C.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Then put the potatoes into the blender jug with the quark, ¼ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 25 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the potato mixture down the inside of the blender jug, season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 15 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Knead the dough on a floured work surface until it is smooth and pliable.
- Roll the dough out thinly and cut into circles with a 10-cm diameter. Place a heaped teaspoon of the potato mixture on top of each circle, and press the edges together well to create crescent shapes. Cook the pierogi for approximately 3–4 minutes in salted, boiling water.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine