Profiteroles filled with strawberries and cream
Preparation time: 10 min.
Created on: 04.08.2016
Last changes: 22.09.2016
- To make the pastry, place 250 ml water, butter and salt in the blender jug and heat for 5 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1. Add the flour and blend for 15 seconds/speed setting 4. Remove the blender jug from the processor and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Put the blender jug back in the machine, remove the measuring beaker from the lid and set the processor to speed setting 5. Add the eggs, one at a time, until smooth and evenly mixed. Replace the measuring beaker, then mix all the ingredients for 25 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Allow the choux mixture to cool. Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle, then pipe twelve rosettes onto the baking tray as far apart as possible. Bake the profiteroles on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. Cut through the middle horizontally using a serrated knife or a pair of scissors. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling, insert the mixer attachment, then add the chilled cream to the blender jug and whisk until stiff for 1 minute 45 seconds/speed setting 3. Blend in the icing sugar, feeding it through the filler opening 15 seconds before the end.
- Wash the strawberries, pat dry and remove the stalks. Chop the strawberries into small pieces and carefully fold into the cream. Spread the strawberry-and-cream mixture over the bottom half of each profiterole, then sandwich with the top half.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine