Pull-apart bread with herb butter
- To make the herb butter, peel the shallot and garlic. Wash the fresh herbs, shake dry and remove the stalks.
- Put the shallot, garlic and leaves of the herbs in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 6 seconds/speed setting 6. Then use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the oregano, butter, mustard, olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and ¼ teaspoon of salt and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 20 seconds/speed setting 3. Decant and clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- Knead all the bread ingredients with 300 ml of lukewarm water and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead with the knead button/2 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to fit your baking sheet, brush with the herb butter and cut into strips the width of the loaf tin.
- Line the loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Fold the strips of dough concertina fashion and place behind one another in the tin. Allow to prove in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 200 °C.
- Brush a little milk or cream onto the bread and bake for 25 minutes.
Instead of herb butter, prepare the bread with green or red pesto, or add little cubes of bacon to the strips of dough.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine