Pulled pork with coleslaw
Ready in: 11:07 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- Peel the onions and garlic, halve the onion, and put in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 6 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape the garlic and onion mixture down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the harissa paste, maple syrup, soy sauce and spices, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Add the tomatoes and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 5.
- With the measuring beaker in place, bring the mixture to the boil for 8 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Remove and allow to cool. Clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- Put the pork neck steaks in the freezer bag with the cooled sauce. Close the bag and marinate overnight.
- Remove the cabbage’s outer leaves and stalk. Peel the carrots.
- Cut the cabbage and carrots into rough pieces, put in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in two batches for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Then put in a bowl and reserve.
- Peel and halve the onion, and with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Put the remaining ingredients in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 30 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and, the measuring beaker not inserted, mix using the reverse button/30 seconds/speed setting 3, while stirring with the spatula through the lid opening.
- Remove the coleslaw and chill overnight, to develop its typical taste and the desired consistency. Clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- The next day, season the coleslaw again with pepper and salt to taste.
- Remove the meat from the freezer bag, put the sauce in the blender jug and pour in 250 ml water.
- Layer the meat flat in the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, boil down using the reverse button/1 hour 39 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Put the cooking pot on the lid as a splash guard.
- Remove the meat and shred using two forks. Pass the sauce through a sieve. Remove any bits of meat from the sieve and shred these, too. If the sauce is too thin, put it back in the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, boil down for 10 minutes/speed setting1/100 °C. The sauce should have the consistency of ketchup.
- Put the meat in a dish, pour over the sauce and mix well. Serve with the coleslaw.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine