Red pepper and rice soup with meatballs
Ready in: 1:11 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 30.01.2019
- Cut the bread roll into rough pieces and place in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 15 seconds/speed setting 10. Repeat the process if necessary. Decant the breadcrumbs.
- Peel and quarter the shallots. Peel the garlic clove. Wash the oregano, shake it dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Drain the mozzarella and cut it into 1.5-cm cubes. Put the shallots, garlic, oregano, drained capers and mozzarella into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the breadcrumbs, minced meat, egg, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 pinch of pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/1 minute 30 seconds/speed setting 2. Decant the mixture and, with damp hands, shape it into 24 small balls.
- Place the meatballs in the shallow steamer basket. Clean out the blender jug.
- Peel the onion and cut it into quarters. Halve the peppers, remove the stalk and seeds, and wash inside and out, then cut them into rough chunks. Put the peppers and onion into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Use the spatula to push the mixture down the inside of the blender jug, and chop again for 5 seconds/speed setting 5 if necessary.
- Add the olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/4 minutes/120 °C.
- Add the tomato passata, cold vegetable stock, paprika, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper, and put the steamer attachment in place. Insert the shallow steamer basket into the deep steamer basket, close the lid and cook with the steamer button.
- Put the rice into a sieve, rinse twice with cold water and leave to drain. After the steaming time is up, remove the steamer attachment, add the rice to the blender jug, put the steamer attachment back in place and cook with the reverse button/17 minutes/speed setting 1/110 °C until done.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and serve with soured cream.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine