- Wash the parsley, shake dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Peel and quarter the onion and put in the blender jug with the parsley.
- Add the gherkin and capers and chop, with the measuring beaker in place, for 8 seconds/speed setting 7, then remove and put aside.
- Put the fresh egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and sugar in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Then with the measuring beaker in place, set the appliance to 4 minutes/speed setting 4. Start the appliance and pour the oil slowly onto the lid of the blender jug so that it drips downwards along the measuring beaker insert. Slowly increase the quantity of oil.
- Then add the gherkin and onion mixture to the mayonnaise in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in for 8 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Chop the hard-boiled egg into fine pieces and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in for 5 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Refine the remoulade with a little of the liquid from the gherkin jar.
Remoulade keeps in the refrigerator for approximately three days.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine