Rigatoni with beef ragout
Ready in: 1:50 h
Preparation time: 25 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- Peel the garlic cloves and deseed and wash the chilli and pat it dry. Add both garlic and chilli to the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/3 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug. Put 4 tablespoons of oil into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté the mixture with the roast button/2 minutes.
- Cut the beef into smaller cubes and rub with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper and ½ teaspoon of paprika. Put 500 g of the beef into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, brown it with the roast button. Transfer the browned meat to a bowl and set to one side.
- Put the remaining oil and the rest of the beef into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, brown it with the roast button.
- Meanwhile, halve and clean the peppers, wash them inside and out, and cut them into dice of approximately 1 x 1 cm.
- Add the rest of the browned meat, tomato purée, bay leaves and 400 ml of stock to the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, braise the ragout with the reverse button/1 hour 5 minutes/speed setting 1/95 °C.
- Add the rest of the beef stock, chunks of pepper, 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, ½ teaspoon of paprika and the thyme to the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook with the reverse button/20 minutes/speed setting 1/95 °C. Remove the bay leaves.
- Cook the rigatoni according to the packet instructions until it is al dente, then drain, leave to dry and transfer to a warm serving bowl. Serve using the ragout poured over the top.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine