Salmon with potatoes and a creamy mushroom sauce
- Peel the potatoes and cut into eighths. Pour 1 litre of water and 1 teaspoon of salt into the blender jug. Put the cooking pot in place and put the potato pieces in it.
- Lightly grease the shallow steamer basket with butter, put the salmon pieces in it and season with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Place the steamer attachment on the blender jug, hang the shallow steamer basket with the salmon in it, close and cook using the steamer button.
- In the meantime, clean the mushrooms and cut into slices half a centimetre thick.
- Remove the steamer attachment. Remove the salmon and potatoes and keep warm. Rinse out the blender jug with cold water.
- Peel and halve the shallots and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop them in the blender jug using the turbo button/5 seconds.
- Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add 1 teaspoon of butter and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté the shallots using the roast button/2 minutes.
- Stir the cornflour into 2 tablespoons of warm vegetable stock until smooth.
- The measuring beaker not inserted, cook for 5 minutes/speed setting 2/90 °C.
- Add the remaining mushrooms, 1 level teaspoon of lemon zest, 2 pinches of nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper and, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook using the reverse button/5 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Season to taste again.
- Arrange the salmon and potatoes on plates and serve with the sauce poured over the top.
Instead of using vegetable stock, you can use a dry white wine, which gives the sauce a bit of a kick.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine