Ready in: 1:25 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 17.11.2016
Last changes: 14.02.2018
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C. Grease the moulds of a muffin tray and dust with cocoa powder or line with paper cases.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and process in the blender jug for 5 seconds/speed setting 8. Add the butter and melt for 3 minutes/60 °C/speed setting 1. Transfer to a bowl, leave to cool slightly, and clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- Insert the mixer attachment, and beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt for 2 minutes/speed setting 4 until frothy. Remove the mixer attachment. Combine the flour and baking powder and mix it into the eggs and sugar for 45 seconds/speed setting 4. Finally, mix in the chocolate butter, still liquid, for 30 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin moulds and bake the cupcakes in the middle oven shelf for 20 minutes. Leave to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the decoration: roll out the pink icing thinly and cut out 12 circles the same size as the cupcake surface. Brush the cupcakes with jam, then place an icing circle on top to make a face, pressing down gently. Roll the white icing out thinly, cutting out 12 crescents for the full beard and 24 small oval shapes for moustaches. Attach the beards to the faces. Use the red icing to make 12 noses and place them in the middle of the moustaches.
- To make the pointed caps, cut 12 crescents and 12 small triangles for the tips out of red icing. Attach the triangles to the crescents, points facing down and in a wave formation. Use the white icing to make bobbles and attach them to the points. Place the caps on the cupcakes. Shape the white icing into a thin roll and make hair to stick out of the bottom edge of the cap. Complete the Santa faces by pressing 2 chocolate pearls into the icing for eyes.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine