Savoy cabbage roulades with barley groats
Ready in: 1:51 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 08.03.2021
Last changes: 14.04.2021
- Put the barley groats into the cooking pot and rinse through several times with cold water until the water runs clear. Then hang the cooking pot in the blender jug, pour 1.5 litres of cold water, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil over the barley groats and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 20 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1. Check to see if the barley groats are cooked and, if necessary, continue cooking for another 10 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1. Then remove the cooking pot containing the barley groats and empty the blender jug.
- Wash the Savoy cabbage and remove the outer leaves. Cut out the stalk. Put the cabbage into a pan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the cabbage and put the outer leaves, which can be easily removed, to one side. Put the cabbage back in the pan and repeat the process. You need 8 cabbage leaves. Remove the hard leaf veins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
- Peel the shallots and cut in half, peel garlic cloves and put shallots and garlic into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add the remaining rapeseed oil and the butter and, the measuring beaker not inserted, stew with the roast button/2 minutes/110 °C.
- Trim the button mushrooms trim and cut into quarters or eighths depending on their size. Put them into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, fry with the roast button/4 minutes.
- Cut the prunes into thin strips and put into the blender jug with the cooked barley groats. Wash the dill, shake dry and remove the tips from the stalks and chop finely. Then put the dill and dried marjoram into the blender jug with ½ teaspoon of salt and 3 pinches of pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Pat the 8 Savoy cabbage leaves dry, place a little filling on top of each and roll into roulades. Place the roulades in an oiled ovenproof dish and pour the vegetable stock on top.
- Bake the pre-heated oven for 35 minutes. Clean the blender jug.
- Add the sieved tomatoes, honey, olive oil and ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper to the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 12 minutes/95 °C/speed setting 2. Wash the basil, shake dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Chop the basil leaves finely and put into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, fold in for 20 seconds/speed setting 2. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in for 20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Serve the cabbage roulades with the tomato sauce.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine