Schnüsch (Schleswig-style vegetable stew)
- Wash the parsley, shake it dry and tear the leaves from their stalks. Place them in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6, then decant and set aside.
- Wash the baby potatoes thoroughly (but do not peel them), cut them in half and put them into the cooking pot. Pour the hot vegetable stock into the blender jug and attach the cooking pot to the blender jug.
- Wash and peel the kohlrabi, cut it into 1-cm dice and place in the deep steamer basket. Wash, trim and peel the carrots, cut them into 0.5-cm slices and add them to the kohlrabi. Arrange the beans and peas in the shallow steamer basket. Insert the shallow steamer basket into the deep steamer basket and close the lid. Attach the deep steamer basket to the blender jug and cook everything with the steamer button/25 minutes. Check whether the vegetables are cooked and, if necessary, continue cooking with the steamer button/5 minutes, interrupting the heating-up time.
- Remove the steamer attachment, keeping the lid closed, and set to one side. Take the cooking pot out of the blender jug and set it aside. Empty out the blender jug, reserving the vegetable stock. Rinse out the blender jug with cold water.
- Peel and quarter the onions, put them into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop them with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug.
- Put the soft cubed butter into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté the onions with the roast button/2 minutes/100 °C. Add 300 ml of the reserved vegetable stock and the cream, flour, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and the nutmeg, and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 8 minutes/90 °C/speed setting 2. With the measuring beaker in place, blend for 15 seconds/settings 5–8, gradually increasing the speed.
- Put all of the vegetables into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/15 seconds/speed setting 2. Season with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/12 seconds/speed setting 1. Arrange on deep plates while hot and serve with the parsley scattered over.
You could substitute the kohlrabi with 200 g celeriac or 200 g parsley root.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine