Semolina pudding with apricot and cherry compote
- Wash, dry, halve and stone the apricots and cherries.
- Put the apricot halves with the honey and 80 ml warm water in the blender jug, and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 10 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C until the apricots are soft.
- With the measuring beaker in place, blend for 20 seconds/speed setting 5. Add the cerries and the lemon juice and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in with the reverse button/15 seconds/speed setting 1. Decant and clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- To make the semolina pudding, dry-fry the pistachios in a frying pan, cool and chop.
- Put the milk at room temperature, cream at room temperature, sugar and soft wheat semolina in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 12 minutes/speed setting 2/80 °C.
- Then with the measuring beaker in place, bring to the boil for 2 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C.
- Divide the semolina pudding into small dessert bowls and serve with the compote on top. Sprinkle the pistachio nuts over the dessert.
You may like to mix a little grated lemon peel into the semolina pudding. Simply add to the blender jug together with the milk, cream, sugar and semolina.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine