Sfincione – Sicilian pizza
Ready in: 2:25 h
Preparation time: 25 min.
Created on: 03.05.2021
Last changes: 25.08.2021
- Put all the ingredients for the dough into the blender jug and add 330 ml lukewarm water. With the measuring beaker in place, knead with the knead button/2 minutes. Decant the dough into a bowl, and prove in a warm place for 1 hour until the volume has doubled. Clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- Cut the bread roll into 4-cm cubes and put in the blender jug. Wash the oregano and shake it dry. Remove the leaves from the stalks and put the leaves into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 12 seconds/speed setting 10. Then decant the crumbs and wipe out the blender jug.
- Peel and quarter the onions and put them into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the onions down the inside of the blender jug and add 40 ml of the olive oil (at room temperature). The measuring beaker not inserted, stew for 5 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of salt, the sugar, ½ teaspoon of pepper and, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook for 8 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Put the cooking pot on the lid as a splash guard. Decant the tomato sauce and allow to cool. Clean the blender jug.
- Put the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bread crumbs until golden.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured work surface and place on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Cover with a tea towel and allow it to prove for another 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 °C. Cut the rind off the pecorino, cut it and the scamorza into 3-cm dice and put them into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 10.
- Dust your fingers with flour and make impressions in the dough. Put the olives and anchovies in equal amounts in the impressions. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the dough and pour the tomato sauce on top. Finally, sprinkle the fried breadcrumbs on top and bake the pizza in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine