Ready in: 1:34 h
Preparation time: 10 min.
Created on: 30.01.2019
- Peel and halve the onion, peel the garlic clove, put both into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into 3-cm-long pieces. Wash and trim the celery, cut it into 4-cm-long pieces and add to the blender jug along with the carrot. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 5, then use the spatula to push the mixture down the inside of the blender jug. Add the olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/5 minutes/120 °C.
- Put the flour beside the knife in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix it in with the reverse button/15 seconds/speed setting 3. Add both sorts of minced meat, the tomato purée, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper, and, the measuring beaker not inserted, brown with the roast button.
- Put the warm vegetable stock, thyme and rosemary into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook everything with the reverse button/20 minutes/speed setting 1/120 °C. Transfer the meat mixture to an oven dish and clean the blender jug.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into 2-cm-thick slices and lay them in the cooking pot. Pour 500 ml warm water into the blender jug, insert the cooking pot and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 20 minutes/speed setting 1/120 °C. Once the cooking time is up, lift out the cooking pot and empty out the blender jug.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Put the milk, Cheddar and butter in chunks into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, warm for 2 minutes/speed setting 1/120 °C. Put the potatoes, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 30 seconds/speed settings 3–5, gradually increasing the speed.
- Spread the potato mash over the meat mixture and bake the pie in the oven for 30 minutes.
Broccoli or peas go well with shepherd’s pie.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine