Shredded sweet pancakes with raisins
- Rinse the raisins with cold water in a sieve and allow to drain well. Then, in a small bowl, marinate in the apple juice.
- In the meantime, separate the eggs.
- Put the egg whites with 1 pinch of salt in the clean, cold blender jug. Insert the mixer attachment and, the measuring beaker not inserted, beat the egg white for 3 minutes/speed setting 4 until stiff.
- After 2 minutes, trickle 2 tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla sugar in through the opening.
- Remove the beaten egg whites, put in a cold place and rinse out the blender jug. Reinsert the mixer attachment.
- Put the egg yolks and the remaining sugar in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 30 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Add a third of the cold milk and a third of the flour and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 30 seconds/speed setting 3. Repeat this step with the remaining flour and cold milk.
- With the measuring beaker in place, fold in the egg white and the raisins for 30 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and, on a low heat, fry the underside of the pancake until golden brown.
- Using two wooden spoons, shred the pancake into irregular-sized pieces.
- Put the almond slivers and remaining butter in small dabs into the pan. Fry the shredded pancake until the pieces are golden brown.
- Arrange the pancake pieces on the plates, dust with icing sugar and serve as soon as possible.
The raisins can be marinated in rum if no children are eating with you. This dessert can be served with whipped cream.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine