Sous-vide corn-fed chicken breast with herbs and cinnamon ratatouille
Ready in: 3:50 h
Preparation time: 40 min.
Created on: 16.07.2019
Last changes: 19.06.2020
- Wash the chicken breasts under cold running water and pat dry. Wash the lemon, basil leaves, oregano and rosemary and pat dry. Use a peeler to remove 4 strips of rind from the lemon. Squeeze the lemon.
- Peel 3 garlic cloves and squash them gently with the back of a knife. Carefully push 3 basil leaves under the skin of each chicken breast. Mix the olive oil with the oregano, bay leaves, rosemary, garlic cloves and two strips of lemon peel. Put the marinade and chicken breasts into a vacuum bag and vacuum seal. Alternatively, put the chicken breasts and the marinade in freezer bags. Place the freezer bags in water with their openings pointing upwards and press the air out of them completely, then seal them tight with clips. Leave to infuse for at least 2 hours.
- Peel the onion, cut it into quarters and then chop roughly. Peel 3 garlic cloves and squash them gently with the back of a knife. Cut the peppers into quarters, remove the cores, wash them inside and out, then cut them into 2-cm pieces, discarding the stalks. Wash and dry the courgette, aubergine, tomatoes and thyme. Clean and cut the vegetables into rough chunks.
- Insert the cooking pot into the blender jug and full the blender jug with hot tap water up to just below the edge of the cooking pot. Put the lid on the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat for 20 minutes/speed setting 1/70 °C.
- Place the vacuum-sealed chicken breasts in the cooking pot and press them gently into the water until they are completely covered. If the chicken breasts are in freezer bags, place them in the cooking pot so that their openings, closed with the clips, are pointing upwards. If necessary, pour in a little more water, but be careful not to go over the maximum fill level of the blender jug.
- With the measuring beaker in place, cook the chicken breasts for 50 minutes/speed setting 1/70 °C.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a casserole dish and sweat the onion. Add the roughly chopped vegetables, thyme, garlic cloves, the remaining strips of lemon peel and the cinnamon sticks and sauté briefly. Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C.
- Stir the tomato purée into the vegetables, then deglaze the dish with 250 ml hot vegetable stock and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper, cover, and stew the cinnamon ratatouille in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and herb sprigs, and season to take with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Take the vacuum bag out of the blender jug. Carefully remove the chicken breasts from the bags and pat dry, then heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the meat until crispy, first on the skin side and then on the other side.
- Serve the chicken breasts with the cinnamon ratatouille.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine