Sous-vide spiced apples with wheat beer zabaglione
Ready in: 1:12 h
Preparation time: 25 min.
Created on: 07.11.2019
Last changes: 13.06.2019
- Wash the apples, cut them into quarters, discarding the cores, and cut into 1.5-cm-thick sticks.
- Slit the vanilla pod open lengthways and scrape out the pulp with the back of a knife. Mix the apple sticks with the vanilla pulp, raisins, cardamom seeds, black peppercorns, bay leaf, sugar, cinnamon stick and juniper berries, put the mixture into a vacuum bag, and vacuum cook.
- Insert the cooking pot into the blender jug and full the blender jug with hot tap water up to just below the edge of the cooking pot. Put the lid on the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat for 15 minutes/65 °C/speed setting 1.
- Place the vacuum-cooked apple sticks in the cooking pot and press them gently into the water until they are completely covered. If necessary, pour in a little more water, but be careful not to go over the maximum fill level of the blender jug.
- With the measuring beaker in place, cook the apple sticks for 20 minutes/65 °C/speed setting 1.
- Remove the vacuum bag, cut it open and transfer the contents to a pot. Add the red peppercorns, vinegar and room-temperature apple juice and bring everything briefly to a boil.
- Empty out the blender jug, rinse with cold water and insert the mixer attachment.
- To make the zabaglione, put the room-temperature wheat beer, sugar and egg yolks into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 12 minutes/70 °C/speed setting 3 until it is a foaming, thick, creamy consistency.
- Leave the spiced apples to cool, then serve with the wheat beer zabaglione.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine