Spaghetti aglio e olio
- Put the Parmesan in pieces into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 15 seconds/speed setting 10. Transfer the contents to another container.
- Wash the parsley, pat it dry, tear off the leaves and put them in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6, then decant and rinse out the blender jug.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Halve, deseed and wash the chilli, cut it into rough pieces and put it into the blender jug along with the garlic. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/1 second. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/2 minutes/120 °C.
- Add 850 ml hot water and 1 teaspoon of salt, and, with the measuring beaker in place, bring to a boil for 5 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Add the spaghetti through the lid opening of the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, boil until cooked with the reverse button/time according to packet instructions + 3 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C.
- Add the rest of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 1. Serve the spaghetti sprinkled with parsley and Parmesan.
For a tangier taste, you could add capers or anchovies along with the garlic and chilli.
Prawns also go well with this dish.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine