Spaghetti with creamy salmon
- Wash the salmon fillets under running water, pat dry and cut into 1-cm-wide strips.
- Wash and clean the courgette and cut in half length-ways. Then cut the courgette in half lengthways again, cut into 4-cm pieces and put in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 7 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the courgette down the inside the blender jug and repeat this step, if necessary.
- Add the cream, hot vegetable stock, flour and dill, and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir with the reverse button/30 seconds/speed setting 3. Then, the measuring beaker not inserted, boil down with the reverse button/10 minutes/speed setting 1/120 °C.
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions in salted water until al dente. Then drain and keep warm.
- Rinse the lime in hot water, zest it until you have ½ a teaspoon and squeeze out the juice.
- Put the salmon, zest and 2 tablespoons of lime juice into the blender jug and season with ⅓ teaspoon of salt and 3 big pinches of pepper and, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook with the reverse button/4 minutes/speed setting 1/80 °C. Then switch off the machine and let it steep for 5 minutes, with the measuring beaker in place. Arrange on top of the spaghetti.
If you would like a creamier sauce, after boiling it down, stir 1-2 teaspoons of cornflour in 30 ml of cold water until smooth and pour into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, bring the sauce to the boil again with the reverse button/2 minutes/speed setting 1/120 °C and then continue to follow the recipe.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine