Sparkling cucumber drink with mint
- Wash the cucumber, dry and peel. Reserve the peel. Roughly dice the cucumber. Wash the mint, shake it dry and remove the leaves from the stalks.
- Put the cucumber, half the cucumber peel, the salt, 60 g sugar and 20 mint leaves into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 7 seconds/speed setting 7.
- Decant into a bowl, cover and infuse for an hour in the refrigerator. Rinse out the blender jug.
- While the cucumber mixture is infusing, prepare the sugar syrup, as this also has to be chilled. To do this, put 150 ml lukewarm water and the remaining sugar into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, reduce for 10 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C.
- Allow the syrup to cool in the open blender jug. Press the cucumber and mint mixture through a sieve, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Pour this liquid into the sugar syrup in the blender jug, add the lemon juice and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 8 seconds/speed setting 7. Pour into a jug and fill up the jug with mineral water. To serve, divide the ice cubes and sprays of mint between the glasses and pour the sparkling drink on top.
Also tastes delicious with a shot of gin or vodka.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine