Steamed dumpling roll with green salad
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 08.08.2016
Last changes: 01.09.2016
- Wash the parsley, shake dry, then add to the blender jug and process for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Transfer to another bowl, then thoroughly clean the jug. Cut the bread into cubes. Peel and quarter the onion, then add to the blender jug and process for 6 seconds/speed setting 6 until finely chopped.
- Add the butter, then sweat the diced onion for 3 minutes/100 °C/roast button until translucent. Add the eggs, milk and one teaspoon of salt to the blender jug and blend for 20 seconds/speed setting 4. Add the cubes of bread, parsley and flour, then combine all the ingredients for 1 minute/speed setting 4.
- Leave the dumpling mixture to stand for 30 minutes. If the dough is still too soft after this time, add a little more flour to the mixture. If it is too stiff, add a small amount of milk. Thoroughly clean the blender jug.
- Place the bread mixture on a kitchen towel and shape into a roll, about 6 cm in diameter. Roll up the mixture in the towel, making sure the ends are tightly sealed. Place the wrapped dumpling roll in the steamer basket. Fill the blender jug with 1 litre of water, fit the steamer basket lid in place, then cook the dumpling roll using the steamer button. Thoroughly clean the blender jug.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Clean the lettuces, separate and wash the leaves, then spin dry. Peel the shallots and process for 8 minutes/speed setting 8 until finely chopped. Wash the herbs, pat dry, then process for 8 seconds/speed setting 8 until finely chopped. Add the shallots, vinegar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper, then mix for 1 minute/speed setting 4.
- Leave the dumpling roll to rest for 10 minutes, then unwrap and cut into slices 1 cm thick. Serve the sliced dumpling with the salad accompaniment.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine