Steamed orange pudding
Ready in: 0:45 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 27.03.2019
- Separate the eggs. Put the egg whites and salt into the blender jug and insert the mixer attachment. With the measuring beaker in place, beat until stiff for 2 minutes 30 seconds/speed setting 4. Remove the mixer attachment and decant the beaten egg whites.
- Wash the oranges in hot water and rub dry. Zest the oranges and squeeze out the juice.
- Put the orange zest, sugar and cubed butter into the blender jug and insert the mixer attachment. With the measuring beaker not in place, beat for 4 minutes/speed setting 4, gradually adding the egg yolks through the lid opening. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add 150 ml orange juice and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 3. Add the egg whites, making sure that as little as possible touches the mixer attachment or the knife, then, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in for 20 seconds/speed setting 2. Remove the mixer attachment.
- Grease the baking moulds and fill them evenly with the pudding mixture. Tightly seal the moulds with cling film and place them in the deep steamer basket. Rinse out the blender jug, fill with 1 litre of water, close the steamer attachment and put it in place, then cook everything with the steamer button.
- Carefully remove the cling film from the moulds, leave to cool for 5 minutes, then place the star stencil over the moulds. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar to create a star pattern and serve. The puddings are delicious served lukewarm or cold.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine