Steamed Russian cheesecake
Ready in: 1:50 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 29.11.2018
- Line the base of the springform tin with greaseproof paper. Cut the butter into little pieces. Place all the ingredients for the dough in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, process into a dough for 30 seconds/speed setting 7.
- Remove the dough from the blender jug and, on a floured surface, knead through again by hand. Put ⅔ of the dough into the springform tin and pull the edges up about 3 cm. Clean the blender jug.
- Put the ingredients for the filling into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 30 seconds/speed setting 4. Spread the mixture on the cake base.
- Pull little pieces out of the remaining dough and arrange on the top of the cake. Wrap cling film all round the cake.
- Rinse out the blender jug and pour in 1.5 litres of water. Attach the deep steamer basket and place the cake tin on top of 2 crossed forks on the base of the jug. Close the lid.
- Cook the cake with the steamer button/1 hour. Then, without pre-heating time, cook it again with the steamer button/30 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, remove the cake and carefully unwrap it. Let it cool completely in the tin, then run a knife around the edge and release the cake from the tin.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine