Steamed salmon with asparagus
- Wash the parsley, shake it dry, tear off the leaves and put them in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/setting 6. Remove the chopped parsley and rinse out the blender jug.
- Cut the Parmesan into pieces and put it in the blender jug, then, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/setting 10. Remove the cheese and rinse out the blender jug.
- Wash the salmon fillet, pat it dry and cut into 4 pieces.
- Wash and dry the lime and cut it into slices. Lay the lime slices evenly over the base of the shallow steamer basket and place the salmon on top.
- Peel the white asparagus. Wash the green asparagus and peel the bottom third of the stalks. Remove the woody ends of both types of asparagus.
- Place the white asparagus evenly in the deep steamer basket, then arrange the green asparagus on top.
- Put 1 litre of water in the blender jug, insert the shallow steamer basket inside the deep steamer basket, add the lid and put them into the blender jug, then cook with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- Peel and slice the garlic. Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and pine nuts, and sauté briefly. Season with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Divide the asparagus between plates. Arrange the salmon pieces on top, drizzle with the sauce, scatter over the Parmesan and serve.
Make sure that the asparagus spears are all of roughly the same thickness, as otherwise the thin spears will be soft after cooking, while thicker spears will remain firm.
If you prefer your asparagus spears on the soft side, extend the steaming time to 20 minutes.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine