Steamed salmon with lemon grass
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 04.08.2016
Last changes: 01.09.2016
- Wash the salmon, pat dry, then divide into four large pieces. Place in the deep steamer basket and set aside. Clean and wash the lemon grass, slice along the white part of the stalk a few times, then fan the cut leaves apart (like a shaving brush). Cut the chilli peppers in half, de-seed and rinse inside and out. Peel the shallots and garlic. Place the shallots, garlic and chilli peppers in the blender jug and chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Empty the chopped vegetables into a mortar, then thoroughly clean the blender jug.
- Add the lemon grass to the mortar, then crush with a pestle along with the shallots, garlic and chilli peppers. Discard the lemon grass stalks. Clean the mushrooms, wipe with a damp cloth and slice. Arrange the sliced mushrooms in the shallow steamer basket and set aside.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the blender jug. Place the steamer basket containing the salmon in the blender jug, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes/steamer button. After 5 minutes, insert the shallow steamer basket containing the mushrooms and continue to cook. Once the cooking time is complete, remove both steamer baskets and keep warm whilst preparing the sauce.
- To make the sauce, leave just 100 ml vegetable stock in the blender jug, then add the fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, the contents of the mortar and the pepper. Cook all the ingredients together for 4 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 3.
- Meanwhile, wash the Thai basil, shake dry and strip off the leaves. Arrange the salmon fillets on plates and serve with the mushrooms and sauce. Sprinkle with basil leaves to garnish.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine