Strawberry and vanilla cookies
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 04.08.2016
Last changes: 22.09.2016
- Place all the ingredients for the shortcrust pastry in the blender jug and mix for 30 seconds/speed setting 5. Wrap the pastry in foil and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly flour the work surface, then roll out the pastry to a thickness of approx. 3 mm. Cut out around 30 shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Arrange the biscuits on baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 8 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the filling, pulverise the sugar into icing sugar for 10 seconds/speed setting 10. Add 50 g butter, then process for 3 minutes/speed setting 1–6 until the mixture is frothy, increasing the setting incrementally. Add the pudding powder and blend for 1 minute/speed setting 1–6, increasing by one setting at a time. Transfer the cream into a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle, then chill in the refrigerator.
- Wash and clean the strawberries. Place in the blender jug along with the gelling sugar and process for 6 seconds/turbo button. Add the remaining butter, then heat all the ingredients for 5 minutes/95 °C/speed setting 2. Leave the resulting jam to cool.
- Brush a thin ring of vanilla butter around the edges of half the biscuits, then spoon a small amount of strawberry jam into the centre. Carefully top each one with another biscuit.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine