Strawberry tartlets with vanilla custard
Preparation time: 35 min.
Created on: 04.08.2016
Last changes: 22.09.2016
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 °C. Grease eight tartlet tins.
- To make the pastry, place the almonds in the blender jug and process for 8 seconds/speed setting 8.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar, orange zest and salt in the blender jug along with the almonds and mix for 2 minutes 30 seconds/knead button. After 30 seconds, add the oil, followed by the water, through the opening in the lid. Line the tartlet tins with the pastry and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly, then carefully remove the pastry shells from the tins. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling, place the sugar in the blender jug and pulverise for 6 seconds/speed setting 10. Place 5 tablespoons of the milk in a bowl and stir in the pudding powder. Add the milk and dissolved pudding mix to the blender jug and heat for 8 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 2. Empty the vanilla custard from the container and cover with cling film. Make sure that the cling film is resting on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin forming. Set aside to cool.
- Wash and clean the strawberries, cutting any large ones in halves or quarters. Divide the vanilla custard over the base of the tartlets and arrange the strawberries in a circle on top.
- Prepare the glaze according to the instructions on the packet, then spoon over the strawberry tarts.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine