Strips of turkey with button mushrooms and chive rice
- Cook the long-grain rice in a saucepan according to packet instructions.
- Rinse the turkey escalope under cold running water, pat dry with kitchen paper and slice into strips 1 cm thick. Put 25 g of clarified butter in pieces into the blender jug with the strips of turkey and, the measuring beaker not inserted, brown with the roast button. Then decant.
- Trim the mushrooms, rub dry with kitchen paper if necessary and cut into quarters or eighths, depending on size. Peel the onion and cut into eighths. Place the onion in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 6 seconds/speed setting 5. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Add the remaining clarified butter and onions and, the measuring beaker not inserted, fry with the roast button/4 minutes/110 °C.
- Put the mushrooms, turkey, peas, cream at room temperature, hot vegetable stock, tarragon, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper in the blender jug. Sieve the cornflour over the top and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook everything with the reverse button/12 minutes/110 °C/speed setting 1. Season the turkey strips as desired with more lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Wash the chives, shake dry and snip into small rolls. Pour the rice into a sieve, drain and decant. Mix in 3 tablespoons of snipped chives.
- Arrange the chive rice and turkey strips on plates, and serve sprinkled with the remaining chives.
Mixed mushrooms or oyster mushrooms go well with this dish instead of button mushrooms.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine