Stuffed aubergine rolls
Ready in: 0:45 h
Preparation time: 10 min.
Created on: 30.01.2019
- Wash and trim the aubergine and cut it into 5-mm slices. Sprinkle the slices with 1 teaspoon of salt and lay them on kitchen towel.
- Wash the parsley, shake it dry and tear the leaves from the stalks. Peel the garlic clove and put it into the blender jug together with the parsley leaves and drained capers. With the measuring beaker in place, process for 6 seconds/speed setting 8.
- Score crosses into the tomatoes, plunge them into boiling water, remove the skins, cut into quarters, deseed and put into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 6 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Cut the bread into 1-cm cubes and add it to the other ingredients in the blender jug. Add 20 ml olive oil and 2 pinches of pepper, and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for 35 seconds/speed setting 4, until you have a dense mixture. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug and repeat the process if required. Season with salt and pepper and mix again with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 1.
- Rinse the aubergine slices under running water, leave to drain and place them in the shallow steamer basket. Fill the blender jug with 1 litre of water, attach the deep steamer basket, insert the shallow steamer basket into it, and close the lid on the whole appliance. Cook the aubergine slices with the steamer button/10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
- Remove the aubergine slices from the steamer attachment and pat them dry between 2 layers of kitchen towel (be careful: they will be hot!). Spread the slices with the bread mixture, fold them in half and secure with a toothpick. Put the rest of the oil into a baking tin and place the aubergine rolls in it. Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine