Stuffed chicory leaves
Preparation time: 45 min.
Created on: 17.11.2016
Last changes: 30.11.2016
- Wash the parsley, shake dry, pick off the leaves and process in the blender jug for 10 seconds/speed setting 10. Transfer to a bowl and clean the blender jug if necessary.
- Trim the chicory heads, cut them in half and remove the bitter central stalk. Drizzle with lemon juice. Soak the roll in warm water. Peel the onions and garlic and process in the blender jug for 8 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down from the sides of the blender jug.
- Put the oil in the blender jug and sweat the onions and garlic for 1 minute 30 seconds/roast button. Leave to cool down slightly. Add the squeezed-out roll, mince, parsley and egg to the onion-and-garlic mixture and process for 1 minute 30 seconds/speed setting 4. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into 8 chicory halves, place the other halves on top, and wrap each head with 1 slice of ham.
- Put the vegetable stock and 700 ml water in the blender jug. Attach the deep steamer basket, arrange the stuffed chicory heads in it and cook for 20 minutes/steamer button.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Grease a baking dish and place the chicory heads in it.
- Melt the butter in the blender jug for 1 minute/90 °C/speed setting 2. Insert the mixer attachment. Add the flour and cook for 4 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 2. Add the milk, cream and 2 egg yolks and simmer for 10 minutes/90 °C/speed setting 1. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour the sauce over the chicory, sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake under the grill for 10 minutes.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine